Oracle Cards for Dummies

Written by Todd | Channelingmyself on October 1st, 2011

For those of you who follow my blog regularly you have probably noticed that it has been some time since I last posted. Let me first start by saying that all is well, I have just been going through some difficult times with my personal life. As you might imagine, keeping up with regular postings isn’t high on my priority list with everything that is going on. However, I wanted to let you know that I have found some time and got a few ideas for posts so things should start picking up. I recently had a reading done by Sol from Some Insight Required and she said in my reading, “I am getting an image of you holding the reins and you’re sitting in some kind of chariot. The road you’re riding on is bumpy, but you’re managing.” Yeah Sol, the road is bumpy right now but I am managing just fine, thanks for the great reading. Anyway, now that I got you caught up on why I haven’t been posting I thought I would share with you what I have been up to regarding my spiritual journey.

I was reading a post on A Clear Sign blog not too long ago titled “Shhh It’s A Secret Fun Ways To Connect With Your Spiritual Team” and I was inspired to purchase a deck of Oracle Cards. In her post, Julie talks about different ways of connecting with your spiritual team. One of those ways is through the use of Tarot or Oracle cards. I have to admit that before reading Julie’s post I never really considered using Tarot/Oracle cards or even having a reading done by someone who uses these cards. I never really thought any valuable insight could come from using a deck of cards with images and instructions to get life guidance, it just seemed so impersonal. I didn’t believe that randomly choosing a card and blindly accepting the advice was in anyway beneficial or a connection to my spiritual team. Well, I was wrong.

After reading what Julie had said about using the cards to connect with your spiritual team I finally decided to take a trip to my local metaphysical bookstore and see what I could find. I went there with my little girl who is fast approaching 2 years of age, and of course, she made it really difficult for me to spend any time looking over the selection. Out of pure frustration I grabbed the Angel Therapy Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue and made a bee line to the cash register before my daughter made another escape from her stroller. I really don’t know what led me to choose these cards other than I trust Doreen Virtue’s knowledge with all things spiritual and I also use her site regularly for meanings to number sequences. As it turns out, these were the perfect cards for me.

I really didn’t know what to expect or how to use the cards but I have to say that the instructions included were easy to understand and follow. The biggest obstacle I faced after I first started using the cards was trying to “know” when to stop shuffling and choose a card. According to the guidebook there is no way to make a mistake with these cards because they operate using the principles of the law of attraction; we are drawn to the correct card regarding a question. I also believe in the law of attraction so all I really needed to do was to quiet my mind and listen to my intuition as to which card I was meant to pick. After I got a little practice and started listening to my inner voice I was astonished how I was choosing cards that were in harmony with the question or concern I had. I can’t say that I have perfected the art yet, but I rarely draw a card that has absolutely nothing to do with the question I ask.

There are 44 cards in the deck I purchased and what is rather amazing is that I have only drawn a small fraction of those cards. I keep getting the same cards over and over again each time I use the deck. One card in particular seems to be jumping out at me, and if I can get in a meditative state I will draw this one card repeatedly sometimes as many as 4 or 5 times in a row, talk about your synchronicity! These are the cards, along with a short description, that are always coming to me during each session I have:
• Shield Yourself (Protect yourself from harsh or fear based energies – envision cocoon of white light surrounding you)
• Singing and Dancing (Express yourself and awaken your psychic senses)
• Solar Plexus Chakra (Be powerful and take charge of your life)
• Third Eye Chakra (Trust your visions)
• Throat Chakra (Speak your truth)
The above cards have been coming to me frequently but there is one card that stands out among the rest, and that is the Indigo card. This card seems to jump out at me from the deck each time I have a session. I can’t really explain why I would be getting an Indigo card so often so I consulted my pendulum to see if there was an explanation. I asked if one of my children was an Indigo since children are most associated with this phenomena, however, the answer was no. I asked if I was the Indigo and the answer was yes. I’m not really convinced yet as to being an Indigo since I really have no special abilities, but I can’t deny the synchronicity of this card coming to me. Are my guides or the angles trying to “wake me up” to something that has been dormant in me for some time now? I guess only time will tell whether I have special abilities residing in me.

Owning these Oracle Cards has certainly been an eye opening experience. I went from being an ardent skeptic about the use of Tarot/Oracle to being a firm believer. I consult my cards on a daily basis along with my pendulum and I will be the first to admit it has changed my spiritual outlook dramatically. If you have been intrigued by the idea of getting a reading done or owning your own set of Oracle/Tarot cards I highly recommend you do so, you won’t be disappointed. Even a “dummy” like me has had amazing results connecting with my spiritual team and you can too.

Share on TumblrSubmit to StumbleUponhttp://channelingmyself.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/angel_therapy_oracle_cards_1833-01.jpgDigg ThisSubmit to redditShare on Myspace

1. Glad you got the right set. Don’t say you weren’t guided to the right one! I can just see you there with your daughter, I remember those days well.

You have plenty of abilities along with everyone else. Your interest level alone is telling you that…all in good time. It matters not who is “ahead” it just matters that you are on your path in your own timeframe, right? Don’t worry, the more you set your intention to receive and perceive, and ask for connection to your team, the more it will gradually unfold exactly as it should. Fun!
    Julie | A Clear Sign recently posted..Soul Mates, Romance, and Soul Level AppointmentsMy Profile

• Hi Julie,

I have you to thank for putting the idea in my head about trying those cards. If it weren’t for your post I never would have considered it. Funny how things fall into place and we are led to what we need at the right time. If it weren’t for my daughter being an escape artist I probably would have ended up buying a different set, who knows.

I am really excited about how things are starting to fall into place. And while I’m not sure what the future might bring I do know that everything will work out just fine.

2. Hey Todd,
    Glad to see you posting again my friend. You gotta do what you gotta do, but your site has topics that I really enjoy so don’t keep me waiting too long again. :)

I had a phone reading with Sol last week and I was thoroughly impressed with her. I will definitely do it again.

I have used Oracle cards many times before, I had s pack from Sonia Choquette called ,”Trust Your Vibes, ” and then my wife bought the Abraham Hicks Oracle Cards.

They are useful when we have trouble accessing intuition and higher information through the mind.

You say that you have no special abilities but maybe you just haven’t discovered them yet.
    Justin | Mazzastick recently posted..Weird October- All Weird Topics All MonthMy Profile

• Hey Justin,

Thanks for stopping by, I really enjoy your site as well. I don’t believe that I have special abilities associated with Indigos so I am still waiting to see what this card is for. Like you said, maybe there are talents there waiting to be discovered.

3. I can’t complain when it comes to drawings.

I’m happy that things are going alright with you. Stay strong!

I often use my Rider – Waite tarot cards and my Messages from Your Angels oracle deck multiple times a day as well. They are really helpful.

Twitter: SomeInsightReq

4. farouk says:

thank you for the tips Todd and welcome back to blogging :)
    i hope that everything is ok now

5. Tomek says:

Hey Todd, glad to have you back! These cards sound intriguing, I’m really considering giving them a go…thanks for the share!
    Tomek recently posted..Do We Need Nutrition Supplements?My Profile

6. Alison B says:

Welcome back, Todd! I’m always on the look-out for ways to help me progress spiritually. I have put these cards on the list to check them out later, as currently I’m already involved in exploring other methods. Great post!
    Alison B recently posted..Whole Body CleanseMy Profile

7. Hi Todd. Glad to see you back here again. I’m not really sure I get it, but hey, maybe I’ll give it a try on that oracle cards. Thanks for sharing this.
    Andrew Walker recently posted..The Six Best U.S. AirportsMy Profile

8. Wendy Irene says:

Hi Todd,

I have never used Tarot cards or had a reading done but I remember my Mom having them when I was a child. It is really interesting to me and I enjoyed reading about your experience.
    My daughter is also 2 so I know exactly what your store experience was like :)
    Thank you for your comment today. I hope you have a good day!

9. Kristina L. says:

Hi, Todd!
    Nice to see another one of your posts. To be honest, I’ve heard that people should not use Tarot cards too often, not to have wrong results from them. I think it was once per month that I heard they should be used. Now, I do not know if Oracle cards are the same as Tarot cards, but whether you call me superstitious or not, I would not use them on often basis.
    Kristina L. recently posted..SwapGame.com Coupon CodeMy Profile

10. Jimmy says:

Hi Todd,

I am glad you are back. I kinna missed you. Actually, I should be more active looking for you I guess.

Reading your post reminds me that you might be facing some of the same things as me now. Correct me if I am wrong but are you having a tough time with your tod and family life now?

I am, I could barely juggle and find time to eat, let alone blog. I can understand where you are coming from. Hang in there we are all in this together. BTW I have two toddlers age 2 and 4, and they wont let me have my time to do my work…. Fun but….

I like the cards you drew. They sort of speak to me too, Protecting yourself, staying strong, trusting your guts… My kind of qualities needed in this times.

I have read about indigo children as well. In fact, they were saying that many of the new children born into this world have this gifts. They are a way to heal the world. You know we have all the gloom and doom these days, and people say that we should bring any more children into this world to suffer. I have a contrary view. I believe our problems now can only be solved by the children of our future. I dont know why, but I just feel that my girl and boy plus all the young ones will achieve great things in solving our woes.

Press on my friend. Perhaps, I will drop you another guest post to ensure that you write more regularly. Let me know.
    Jimmy recently posted..45 Secret Presentation Tips for a Powerful Impression – Part 5My Profile

• Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have heard the same about the indigo children and why they are here. I agree with your point as well about the children being our future. I guess only time will tell what is going to happen. Hope you are able to get some free time for yourself between feedings and play time with your kids.

11. Melanie says:

12. Hi Todd,

My 1st time on your website – thanks to CommentLuv, I noticed your link on Justin M’s blog…

I’ve never done my own cards but have been considering getting these. I’ve been a fan of Doreen Virtue for years…not sure what my resistance has been to getting my own card to self-assist, but I think I should dig deeper.

Thanks for the helpful tips in this article. I like the idea of connecting to my “spiritual team”!!

Highest regards to you,
    Cat Alexandra
    Cat Alexandra recently posted..Internet Marketing Success RecipeMy Profile

Twitter: alexandra_cath

13. Fred Tracy says:

Wow, cool Todd.

I played with tarot cards one time with a friend. Even though I was a diehard skeptic back then, the results did surprise me in a way.

I can’t tell if the cards are ambiguous enough to be relevant to anyone, or if they really were relevant to my life specifically, but it seemed to be so.

I’ll have to get some more pretty soon and play with them again.
    Fred Tracy recently posted..How to Make Money from Doing Work You LoveMy Profile

Twitter: fredtracy

14. Kisha says:

Hi Todd! This is my first visit to your blog… I know I’d be back often, I love reading your post. Hope to hear more from you…

15. Ruby says:

Hello TODD, welcome back. This card looks good, I’ll give it a try. Thanks for sharing your insight here.

16. Riza says:

Great! I believe they work on an individual level because our instructions and higher selves help us to draw in the cards with all the messages they are trying to send out.

17. Jason says:

That is very interesting that you keep drawing the same cards. Personally, I’m a bit of a sceptic, but events over the last year or so have made me wonder if there isn’t more to life.
    Jason recently posted..Improving Cardiovascular Fitness for MMAMy Profile

18. Anna says:

Hi Todd, First timer here :) . It is nice to find my way to you just now as I recently started to wonder about angel therapy. Thanks for the tip, I am going to try to get these cards too, although I am already a believer :) .
    Anna recently posted..Veneers for teeth is like nail art!My Profile

19. maria143 says:

20. Nick says:

Hi Todd,
    It’s the first time I stopped in here. Very nice blog I have to say.
    I have never used Tarot cards myself, but it is really interesting and enjoyable to read about your experience.
    Nick recently posted..North Face Denali Jacket Review and CouponsMy Profile

21. Antonia says:

Hi Todd,

Welcome back. Glad things are okay, and wishing you much continued insight.

I Love this deck, too. Though I tend to work more frequently with tarot cards and a few other decks I like. It’s an excellent recommendation, and great tool for connecting with guidance systems. Especially appropriate this time of year, when the veil between worlds is said to be thinner.
    Antonia recently posted..Comment on Autumnal Gifts by AntoniaMy Profile

Twitter: edenSol

22. Lisa says:

That sounds amazing. I am a little skeptic about it as well. But when you talked about the oracle cards working on the “laws of attraction” then I think I have some idea about them. I find your experience interesting and I am curious if I can also do it.

23. Sarah says:

i just love your writings :) keep it up.

24. bridal veils says:

I would like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this website. I’m hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts from you later on as well.
    In fact, your creative writing abilities
    has motivated me to get my own, personal blog now ;)
    bridal veils recently posted..bridal veilsMy Profile