Ask Erik

Written by Todd | Channelingmyself on June 30th, 2011

About two weeks before I wrote the Reincarnation Conundrum I sent my question (who was I in a past life) to Erik via the website ChannelingSpiritWorld.  If you read my post about reincarnation you know that one of my biggest questions has been who I was in a previous life. Of course, there have probably been multiple past lives so I won’t get into the whole time not being linear dilemma and which was the first and last etc.  Nevertheless, I have still been curious about any past lives or perhaps what my last one would have been.  Now some of you might be wondering who Erik is so if you haven’t read my introduction page I will give you a brief synopsis of Erik and the channelingerik website.

Channelingerik was started by Dr. Elisa Medhus, Erik’s mother, back in early 2010.  Erik took his own life in the fall of 2009 at the age of 20.  At some point his mom started channeling him through different psychics and transcribed those sessions onto her blog channelingerik.  Before I discovered her blog she had an ask Erik button where her readers could submit a question to Erik and she would submit that question to Erik through the psychic and then post the answers on her blog.  However, due to the popularity of her blog and her work on an upcoming book she had to suspend the ask Eric button until further notice.  This is where ChannelingSpiritWorld comes in.  I’m not real certain who started that blog, but I believe it was someone from the Channelingerik family members (frequent visitors of that blog).  One of the family members that are able to channel Erik must have started that blog or is working with the person who did.  Either way, you can visit that blog and submit your question to Erik just like I did.  Channelingerik is a very informative blog so I highly recommend all my readers venturing on over and getting enlightened, so to speak.  She asks him all the cool questions, at least for me, on the topics of Aliens, UFOs, Bigfoot and other paranormal phenomena.

Now that you are filled in about the specifics of why I was asking Erik about my past lives I would like to share with you the answer I received back from Renuka at ChannelingSpiritWorld, via Karl (he must be the one who channeled Erik).

“Dear Todd, You have a faint idea of who you were. You were a chancellor. You were a learned man and a justice lover. You have re-incarnated to learn some of your lessons related to anger, perseverance, empathy and a few more. Love. Karl.”

As you can see, I am assuming, my most recent past life must have been this chancellor person.  I am still trying to work with my guides and get a name for this man, but no luck as of yet.  Sometime last year as I was falling asleep I remember a man’s name popping into my head for no apparent reason.  When I woke up I remembered the name and did a Google search on it, this man was some sort of judge or political man.  Unfortunately, I don’t remember what the name was and I forgot to write it down.  With the advice that I got from Karl it is possible that the man’s name I received last year was this chancellor who I was in a past life.

Although I am somewhat disappointed about not knowing the actual name of the man I was in a past life I am more concerned with the reasons why I chose to reincarnate to this life.  In Karl’s message he says I have reincarnated to learn some lessons related to anger, perseverance, empathy and a few others.  I can honestly say that I do need work in those areas.  I can look back at my life and know for certain that empathy and perseverance are two areas I can unquestionably improve upon.  Anger is a tricky one because I have never been known to be an outwardly angry person, as a matter of fact; most people describe me as someone who is calm and slow to anger.  However, just because I don’t show my feelings of anger externally doesn’t mean that I don’t internalize my bad temper.

I am very impressed with the information I got back from Erik about my past life.  It certainly helps to shed some light on why I reincarnated to this life and will help me improve in those areas I wanted to work on.  If you haven’t done so I would highly recommend visiting channelingerik and reading some of the channeling sessions with Erik, as well as submitting your question to him on the ChannelingSpiritWorld site.

Image credit

Share on TumblrSubmit to StumbleUponhttp://channelingmyself.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/channeling-300x200.jpgDigg ThisSubmit to redditShare on Myspace

1. I’ve never considered who I would have been in a past life, but I admit the idea is alluring.

I wonder if it’s cheating to use a psychic to find that stuff out though…

Will you then not learn some valuable lessons because of the shortcut?
    David | Almost Bohemian recently posted..When Interruption LoomsMy Profile

• Todd says:

Hi David,

I’ve often had those same questions about using psychics, but ultimately I don’t believe there is any cheating. Let’s assume for a moment that reincarnation is true and that we are here to learn those lessons. How many people in the world will never realize their true potential because they are hindered by a different belief? For me, it almost seems like a complete waste to even reincarnate if you remain clueless the whole time about your past lives. I’m not saying you need to have all the details but it helps to take a peak at least. Thanks for the thought invoking comment.

2. Kenya says:

Very interesting Todd. During a few regressions, I have remembered being someone that was murdered who watched the love of her life murdered, to which I have already met again in this lifetime. Met him “briefly” in my life to help resolve and bring closure to what has happened in this past life (1700s) in order to heal my heart and stop certain patterns.
    Kenya recently posted..Self-Worth Series: Being True To Ones SelfMy Profile

Twitter: psychicjazz

3. I’m really interested as of who I was in my past life. Thanks for sharing this.
    Andrew Walker recently posted..Ultrahosting CouponsMy Profile

4. I’ve had some weird experiences with “past lives.” Once, before I was a practicing intuitive, I called Mary Occhino’s radio show to ask about an indian I kept seeing, and she told me he was me, in a past life. Huh? That was so not what I was expecting to hear!

Then I had Brian Weiss’s CD which is supposed to take you back to experiencing past lives (you should get it if you don’t have it, $9.99) and played it once – you would not believe what I saw! And that’s before I was used to seeing anything.

For some reason I just have not been that interested yet in past lives (having too much fun dealing with this one, I guess!) but I just wanted to add my 2 cents that it’s not cheating to get a psychic to help you out – we only get what we are SUPPOSED to tell you, for your higher good…we won’t get anything if it’s not going to help you in the here and now.
    Julie | A Clear Sign recently posted..Manifest Miracles by Shifting Your Perspective In The Face Of Dramatic ChangeMy Profile

• Todd says:

Hey Julie,

Thanks for your input, I agree that we are only given what is necessary. You’ve certainly had some interesting experiences with your past lives, I will try and find that CD and see what happens. Thanks for the recommendation.

5. Hey Todd,
    Cool stuff here, I will dheck out the blogs that you mentioned in your post.

Dr Gwen does past life readings as well but I never got one with her either.

I believe getting a past life reading may add some clarity to our experience of this life.

I like the bigfoot, aliens and other paranormal stuff myself. It’s so interesting. :)
    Justin | Spiritual Development recently posted..Signs And Symbols – Real Life ExamplesMy Profile

• Todd says:

Hey Jason,

I really enjoy all the bigfoot, alien stuff too. You will really like the channelingerik site because she asks and he answers. Pretty amazing stuff.

6. Patricia says:

This was very interesting Todd and something that I am not very familiar with…I was more interested in the fellow who was on Oprah who talked about levels of reincarnation and how one knew where they were in their journey…Oprah was on level 11 and that is why she was having such success but often felt – oh I have been there done that.

I am quite interested in my last report that was about climbing a stock to a giant’s house ( who might be god) and just asking and being given an abundance of money… the coins are too big for me so I have to request again to make them the right size for me. Then I am down the stock and under a clear plastic umbrella and money is just raining all around me and I don’t see it…..why don’t I see it? why don’t I manifest it? Don’t I believe enough? Vibrate enough…those are the questions that stump me
    Patricia recently posted..Independence, Freedom, PeaceMy Profile

• Todd says:

Hi Patricia,

I’ve heard of the levels of reincarnation but not really sure what to make of it. Are the higher levels supposed to mean more success in this lifetime?

About the report, I’m not really sure what you are referring to when you say your last report. If you are trying to manifest money the only thing I can recommend is to relax, be patient and let the money come to you. I am interested to know more about your “report.”

• Patricia says:

Lisa at Practical Intuitive worked with her friend Kara from Edmonton Alberta Canada to put together a psychic report about what I should do to manifest money and what I shared was part of her report…that I should just ask…
        When money issues take me to the edge I lose patience…
        I think on the levels when one comes back at level 11 or 12 they are finished reincarnating – I could not find a copy of that fellows book anywhere…but he was interviewed as part of the Tolle series – Still mysterious…
        So I keep working on my professional listening service to get some money coming in – Wise Ears….but I wish the funds would just manifest – sometimes I just get scared right down to my socks and don’t know how long I can keep us healthy – and with the medicare issues…it just feels too much to bare/bear….and the negative comes crashing in
        Patricia recently posted..Independence, Freedom, PeaceMy Profile

• Todd says:

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for sharing those experiences as well as your fears and frustrations. I’ve been in similar situations and what I learned was that the more I let fear in the more negative experiences unfolded in my life. When we anticipate the money along with worry if it doesn’t come we are blocking ourselves from receiving the money, I should know I’ve been having my own issues as well. The best we can do is to let the events in our lives unfold as they will and deal with them as they come. Have you read my post “The River of Life?”

7. Baker says:

These are interesting experiences you mention here. Reincarnation makes a lot of sense to me. IT gives me a reason to appreciate this lifetime more, and gives me clarity on what needs work in this lifetime. Sometimes we think we are done with a lesson, and it shows up again in another form as a test. Life is like a school, we keep learning the lesson until we pass the test and go back home.

• Todd says:

Hi Baker,

Great way of putting it, we keep learning until we pass the test and go back home. I still have a lot of work to do with my shortcomings. I admire your always upbeat and positive way of looking at things, thanks for stopping by and sharing.

8. Meg says:

I don’t think I have ever experienced this. I like to hope that when I pas that I come back as either a guardian angel or a sea creature of some sort. I have two family members pass away in the last six months, one being my father. I keep waiting for him to show me signs that he is still with me….or so they say. I have never experienced that either. I like to believe it’s out there though. Cool story, thanks for sharing.
    Meg recently posted..When nothing else matters.My Profile

Twitter: onelovemeg

• Todd says:

Hi Meg,

Sorry for you loss. I lost my dad back in early 2004 and other than few dreams I haven’t seen much of his presence either. I was able communicate with him through a psychic though. Have you ever considered that route?

9. Hey Todd,
    Quick question. Did you come up with the name of your blog Channeling Myself as a type of parody of Channeling Erik?
    Justin | Spiritual Development recently posted..The Many Growth Facets of the InternetMy Profile

• Todd says:

Hi Justin,

No, it wasn’t a parody of any kind. Erik’s mom asks him all kinds of questions through a psychic medium, he provides her with answers. I thought if I could somehow channel my higher self for all the questions I seek I wouldn’t need to channel another spirit to ask my questions. The whole idea is to seek the answers within myself, my higher self, if you will. However, I did get the idea for the name channelingmyself from channelingerik.

10. That was what I meant. You came up with your blog name because of Channeling Erik.

It was a long day today working outside in the heat, use of my words not coming through properly.

I went to Channeling Erik today. There was a question and answer post today between Erik and his Mom.

It reminded me of Neale Donald Walsch’s Conversation with God book where it was a question and answer between Neale and God. Cool Stuff.

• Todd says:

No problem Justin, I know the feeling of being out in the heat all day. I’ve actually had some dream visits my self from Erik, he is quite the busy bee. I’m glad you brought up that book, it is on my “to read” list.